SEND US A MESSAGE
Error: Contact form not found.
Do you have questions about how we can help your company? Send us an email and we’ll get in touch shortly.
Information on Applying for Testing and Certification
Complete the Online Technician Application
To become certified, all applicants must complete an online certification application. The application confirms an applicant’s work and experience qualifications. PEARL certification requires that all applicants must be currently employed by a full PEARL member company or a PEARL Service Organization. Applicants also must meet all the education, training, and work experience requirements as set forth in the PEARL Technician Profile.
All applicants are required to pay in advance for the PEARL Technician Certification exam to offset the costs of application review, exam creation, and delivery. To see the full fee schedule visit the Exam Information and Fees.
Please click here for a User Guide to Access the Certification Portal. This guide will help users login and navigate through the Certification Portal, show them where they can access applications, and options on renewing their certification.
Once an applicant has satisfied all the application requirements, they will receive an email with exam scheduling instructions. All exams are delivered online using a web browser and are proctored by a thirdy-party online proctoring center. The exam-scheduling email will provide the applicant all the instructions needed to take their exam. Exam candidates are required to show at least one valid government-issued photo identification (state driver’s license or ID, or passport) and a copy of their acceptance letter. Only after positive identification has been made by the exam proctor may a candidate begin the exam.
To reschedule your exam, you return to the same website where you originally scheduled your exam, (ProctorU) and follow the instructions for rescheduling an exam. There is no charge for rescheduling an exam. If you miss your scheduled exam time, then you may reschedule your exam after paying an additional $50 administrative fee.
If you miss your scheduled exam time, you will not receive a refund. If you cancel your exam, you must submit a signed written request (a letter stating you wish to cancel your application) to PEARL. The written request must be received before the approved examination window begins. Full refunds, less a $75 administrative fee, will be made within 30 days of completing your online application. After 30 days of completing your application, there is no refund of your exam fee.
- PEARL has established policies, procedures, and fees that govern certification decisions, the uses of certification, and interactions with applicants and certificants. These policies, procedures, and fees may be changed by PEARL at any time without prior notification. Each person who signs any PEARL application accepts and agrees to follow these policies and procedures in all dealings with PEARL.
- Each PEARL certification may have multiple criteria that must be met by a candidate in order for the certification to be conferred. These criteria may be changed by PEARL at any time without prior notification. Individuals who are not resident in, or working in, the United States, Canada, or U.S. territories may not be eligible for certification. These individuals must contact PEARL before applying and may be required to follow additional procedures, with additional fees, to demonstrate they meet the criteria.
- All applicants and certificants must comply with the PEARL Code of Ethics and follow generally accepted ethical practices at all times. For example, acquiring and/or providing specific knowledge of test questions prior to testing, or acquiring or providing assistance during an examination; intentionally providing information to PEARL that is incomplete or inaccurate; or knowingly providing technical services in an unsafe, inaccurate, or unprofessional manner may be cause for denial, suspension, or revocation of certification.
- PEARL reserves the right to deny, suspend, or revoke any certification (pending or awarded) should the association determine that an applicant or certificant has misrepresented information, violated a PEARL policy or procedure, or violated the PEARL Code of Ethics.
- Maintenance of current accurate contact information is the responsibility of the applicant. PEARL requires accurate contact information to communicate to the applicant important information related to testing, certification, and renewal.
- The PEARL name, logo, and certification mark are the property of PEARL and may not be used without the expressed written permission of PEARL.
- PEARL approval letters and certificates are issued to certificants for their use but remain PEARL property at all times and may be recalled by the association at any time without prior notification.
- PEARL test questions and examinations are the property of PEARL. Any copying, sharing, or distribution of the content of those test questions and/or examinations will be cause for denial, suspension, or revocation of certification.
- Each person who completes a PEARL application grants PEARL the right to contact individuals named in the application to confirm the accuracy of information provided by the applicant.
- PEARL certification must be used, represented, and displayed in accordance with PEARL policies.
- Each person who is certified by PEARL grants PEARL the right to provide that information to others in response to bona fide inquiries. Test scores will be given to the test-taker only, unless the test-taker submits a release form authorizing PEARL to give the scores to another specified individual.
- All certifications expire three years after an individual’s initial certification is awarded and every third year after renewal. Certification renewal will be based on the certificant’s activities during that three-year period.
- To cancel your application you must submit a signed written request (a letter or email stating you wish to cancel your application) to PEARL. A full refund, less a $75 administrative fee, will be sent within four (4) weeks after the scheduled date.
- Certification payment is required with an individual’s application. If a certificant’s application is denied by PEARL, PEARL will reimburse a full refund, less a $75 administration fee, within four (4) weeks after the scheduled date.
Applicant Ethics Representation and Agreements
PEARL certification is a professional certification designed to distinguish those technicians that have the knowledge, skills and experience required to perform the reconditioning work of our industry from those who do not. It also recognizes those companies within the industry that strive to create an environment and provide services that create a marketable distinction in quality, safety, and integrity for PEARL members in the eyes of their customers.
Code of Ethics
The purpose of the Code of Ethics is to ensure industry confidence in the integrity and service of PEARL member companies while performing their duties. Additionally, it is intended to reflect the standards and behavior that PEARL certificate-holders and applicants expect of each other as they perform their work meeting strict technical, safety, and operational requirements that reaffirm the value of holding a PEARL technical certificate. PEARL-certified technicians recognize the services they render have a significant impact on the clients and industry they serve. As they perform their duties, PEARL technical certificate-holders and applicants are expected to meet the following standards of professional conduct and ethics:
- To protect themselves, their coworkers, property, and the environment by performing the Essential Duties of the PEARL-certified vocation safely and effectively, and complying with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- To represent themselves truthfully and honestly when performing their duties and throughout the entire certification process.
- Undertake only those assignments for which they are competent by way of their education, training, and experience.
- To adhere to all examination rules and make no attempt to complete the exam dishonestly or to assist any other person in doing so.
- To refrain from activities that may jeopardize the integrity of the PEARL Technical Certification program.
- Have due regard for the physical environment and for public safety, health, and well being. If their judgment is overruled under circumstances where the safety, health, property, or welfare of the public may be endangered, they shall notify their employer, client, and such other authority as may be appropriate. An employee shall initially express those concerns to the employer.
- Admit and accept their own errors when proven wrong and never distort nor alter the facts in an attempt to justify their decisions.
- Avoid conflicts of interest whenever possible. When unavoidable, they shall disclose to their employer or client, in writing, any action that might create the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Avoid receiving and granting bribery in all its forms.
- Strive to maintain their proficiency by updating their technical knowledge and skills within the industry.
- Not reveal facts, data, or information obtained in connection with services rendered without prior consent of the client or employer except as authorized by law.
Exam results will be readily available as soon as the exam is completed. No results are given by phone, fax, or email. All results are confidential and are only released to the certificate candidate. For exam security, no additional feedback will be provided to candidates about specific exam item answers.
All certifications expire three years after an individual’s initial certification is awarded and every third year after renewal. Certification renewal will be based on the certificant’s activities during that three-year period. Requirements and fees may be found in PEARL’s Continuing Professional Development Policy.