Service Member Qualifications and Requirements
Any distributor of reconditioned or recycled electrical power equipment and apparatus in the United States, its territories or possessions, who has qualified for Provisional Member status may become a Service Member.
NOTE: When a company wants to join PEARL at any membership level, their application must be first reviewed by the Board/Membership Committee for approval.
Click here to submit your membership application.
This is an annual calendar-based membership.
Cost to join: $3,200/annual
To qualify for membership, a Service Company must be a firm or corporation:
- Which has an annual sales are not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000); and
- Whose reconditioning services to an affiliated or allied persons, firms or corporations or the officers or employees thereof do not constitute a significant percentage of total revenue of reconditioning services; and a majority of whose revenues result from sales to electrical contractors, to railroads, to federal, state and municipal governments, to public utilities, to industrial companies which have electrical maintenance departments, to manufacturers requiring electrical materials in the fabrication of their products and to other customers that require the need for reconditioning services of electrical power equipment and apparatus; and
- Which maintains a shop facilities and trained technicians to promote, specify and quote reconditioning of electrical equipment and apparatus, and to handle all phases of service to customers efficiently; and
- Which extends credit to buyers upon reasonable terms; and
- Which has been actively engaged in business reconditioning electrical equipment, qualified for regular membership in all other respects for a period of not less than two (2) years; and
- Which has purchased and maintains product liability insurance coverage, the minimum acceptable policy being of the claims made in the amount equal to their annual sales but not less than Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000); and
- Which will maintain test equipment, in current calibration, of types and sizes as prescribed in the technical requirements reference, necessary to assure the safe applications and operation on any electrical materials being reconditioned; and
- Which will maintain and adhere to test, quality assurance, and documentation procedures as prescribed in the PEARL reconditioning standards necessary to assure the safe applications and operation of any electrical materials reconditioned; and
- Which will abide by the PEARL Code of Business Practice for the purpose of elevating the levels of cooperation between members-, their customers and vendors; and to insure the level of consistent quality of customer service promised by PEARL members.
Have questions or need additional information? Please contact us.