Full Dealer Membership Qualifications and Requirements
Any distributor of recycled electrical power equipment and apparatus in the United States, its territories or possessions, who in the judgment and determination of the Board of Directors qualifies for membership as hereinafter defined may become a full member. To be so qualified, a distributor must be a firm or corporation
1) which owns, maintains and warehouses a stock of recycled electrical power equipment and apparatus, the net value of which is not less than Three Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($350,000) not including any consigned stock;
2) and whose annual sales are not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000); and
3) whose sales to affiliated or allied persons, firms or corporations or the officers or employees thereof do not constitute a significant percentage of total sales; and a majority of whose sales are at wholesale to dealers for resale, to electrical contractors, to railroads, to federal, state and municipal governments, to public utilities, to industrial companies which have electrical maintenance departments, to manufacturers requiring electrical materials in the fabrication of their products and to other customers and recognized buyers at wholesale of recycled electrical power equipment and apparatus; and
4) which maintains a selling organization trained to promote, specify and quote sales at wholesale of recycled electrical equipment and apparatus, and to handle all phases of service to customers efficiently; and
5) which extends credit to buyers upon reasonable terms; and
6) which has been actively engaged in business as a distributor, qualified for regular membership in all other respects for a period of not less than two (2) years; and
7) which has purchased and maintains product liability insurance coverage, the minimum acceptable policy being of the claims made in the amount equal to their annual sales but not less than Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000; and
8) which will maintain test equipment, in current calibration, of types and sizes as prescribed in the technical requirements reference, necessary to assure the safe applications and operation on any electrical materials sold; and
9) which will maintain and adhere to test, quality assurance, and documentation procedures as prescribed in the PEARL reconditioning standards necessary to assure the safe applications and operation of any electrical materials sold; and
10) which will abide by the PEARL Code of Business Practice for the purpose of elevating the levels of cooperation between members-, their customers and vendors; and to insure the level of consistent quality of customer service promised by PEARL members.
There are no reviews yet.