- About Pearl
- Pearl Standards
- Annual Conference
- Buy/Sell Inquiry
- Join Pearl
The following sample test questions are provided to help candidates become familiar with the question format. The following questions reflect only a sample of the subject matter covered on the test. An answer key is given at the end of this page.
1. What type of fire extinguisher is this?
A. Air-pressurized water extinguisher
B. CO2 (carbon dioxide) extinguisher
C. Dry chemical extinguisher
D. Multipurpose dry chemical extinguisher
2. Which of the following industry references were designed specifically for electrical safety in the workplace?
B. UL 508A
3. An MSDS is a document that contains which of the following information? (Choose 3)
A. How to work safely with a chemical product
B. Storage and handling of chemical products
C. Emergency procedures related to hazards of materials
D. Proper chemical material mixing procedures
4. Which of the following are sources for knowing which first aid procedures to follow for chemicals in your place?
C. OSHA 1910
5. Which of the following is the correct ampere rating for a 600A trip unit with a 75% rating plug install?
6. When asbestos fibers become airborne, what is the primary health risk?
A. Lung disease
C. Eye disease
D. Skin disease
7. Which of the following does an insulation test set measure?
C. Trip rating
8. Which of the following does this electrical symbol represent?
B. Normally open contact
C. Pilot light
D. Thermal overload
9. Which of the following best describes what "FLA" stands for according to PEARL?
A. Front load amperes
B. Forced load amperes
C. Full load amperes
D. Fuse load amperes
10. According to PEARL, which of the following are not required when performing an evaluation of a low-voltage circuit breaker?
A. Digital low resistance test set or DC current source
B. Secondary injection test set
C. High current test set
D. Insulation resistance test set
Sample Test Answers:
Founded in 1997, the Professional Electrical Apparatus Reconditioning League (PEARL) is a national trade organization for companies that supply quality surplus and reconditioned/remanufactured electrical equipment and apparatus. PEARL is an ANSI accredited standards developer.
Copyright 2018-2019. Professional Electrical Apparatus Reconditioning League