The first in-person Board and Member meeting was held on November 2 at the National Training Center at National Field Services in Lewisville, Texas. The Board of Directors meeting kicked off with the changeover of PEARL leadership from Dan Hook to Casey Blevins.
When asked, Dan Hook stated, “It has been my honor to serve as the PEARL Board President for the past two years. Helping to lead PEARL during the pandemic was certainly a unique and rewarding opportunity. I pass the baton to a leadership team that I know will do great things in the coming years.”
In-coming Board President, Casey Blevins, has participated with PEARL for the last 7 years including his Vice Presidency for the past two years. He let the members know that his key objectives are to:
- ensure PEARL is a transparent and resilient organization
- that PEARL industry standards are relevant and up-to-date
- and to continue workforce development efforts
Each of the Committee Chairs brought the group up-to-date on what their committee had been working on.
- Marketing Committee: Winston Krauss spoke about the important updates taking place on the website and announced the exciting marketing opportunities this work has created for members both on the website and the PEARL$AFE newsletter.
- Technician Certification Committee: Don West let the group know that Level 1 and Level 2 test prep and exams will be available at the 2022 Conference.
- Standards Committee: Dan Hook discussed the work they have been doing around the ANSI standards developer 5-year audit and the reaffirm/revisions for the EERS Standard by NLT 2023.
- Conference Committee: Casey Blevins spoke about the exciting member focused workshops on Friday and the four facility tours that will take place on Saturday, April 23. He also spoke about some of the new and expanded sponsorship opportunities available this year at the conference.
It was a common theme amongst the Committee Chairs that they are excited to get back to business “as usual.” They would like to extend an invitation to all members to get involved and participate on one of the four committees.
The next Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 7, 2021, at 1:00 pm CDT.